Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Winter Storm Nemo Brings Some College Creativity


Winter Storm Nemo brought thirty plus inches to the northeast, with it bringing about thirty two inches to Bridgeport and sacred heart students who were hungry for a snow day. So what me and my roommates decided to do on our day off was to get creative with all this snow and build a small snowpark in our backyard. A few of us have been skiing/snowboarding for pretty much our whole lives so we figured why not have some fun with all the snow. Because of the snowdrifts from all the wind the snow happened to pile up in some perfect places to make a ramp to get speed and a jump. We have a deck that has a roof with a slight slope that was about twelve feet off the ground. So with a shovel and some trash barrels we made a ramp that reached about eight feet up the side of the roof and a jump about twenty yards from the ramp.  We also used a desk and a metal pole we had to grind on. Heres a video of myself.




I was also looking around the internet because I figured I would find some other college students doing the same thing as me and my friends..and i did.







-Nick Trocki

1 comment:

  1. These videos definitely make storm Nemo look like a good time! It's a great idea to add your own personal snowboarding videos to the blog, it shows just how interested you guys are in the sport. The trick done from off the roof was awesome, clearly you guys know what your doing!


    ReplyDelete